My name is Mauricio and I am the Marketing Manager of Trademate Sports.
Before working for Trademate, I had no interest in sports (and that hasn’t changed much), but after starting at Trademate Sports, I realized the potential of sports trading.
For me, value betting is a way of investing your money. After four months of working for this company, I decided to try out the product.
We decided to start with the challenge: “Start betting with no experience and with 1000 euros”.
The first week started out quite slow, these were some of Marius (the CEO) recommendations:
Read our FREE Ebooks, they have a lot of essential information about value betting and the software.
Be active from Tuesday to Thursday, from 19h to 21h.
Weekends are essential, be active from 11h to 16h (this is when the action happens)
Mondays and Fridays are resting days (but I still placed some bets)
Your presets are also essential, here's an article about the recommended presets.
The original idea was to distribute 1.000 euros into five bookmakers:
300 in Bookmaker 1,
300 Bookmaker 2,
200 in Bookmaker 3,
100 in Bookmaker 3,
100 in Bookmaker 5.
(I do not reveal the name of the bookmakers not to get limited even faster.)
How did I pick these bookmakers?
I looked at the signup bonuses. I am based in Norway, so I used Odsen.nu, but as I’ve seen, most bonuses are country dependent, so you will need to check which bonuses work better for you.
Since I was not an experienced bettor, I chose to use the “not so generous” ones first, otherwise, I will risk not to cash them out.
As a beginner, I felt a lot of pressure, bonuses have normally a lot of conditions, and if you want to cash them out, you have to be aware of their term and conditions, “there’s no free lunch”, and indeed, bookmakers don’t just give away free money.
Their main intention is for you to use your money and the bonus, and end up with nothing. And even if you don’t lose everything, not to be able to cash out the bonus.
The main condition is to turn over your bonus money five times within 30 days, which sounds challenging. Nonetheless, with a tool such as Trademate Sports, that should be relatively easy, after 2 weeks of betting and being away my two first weekends, I still managed to turn over more than half of what I need to.
Although my starting investment will be 1,000 as mentioned earlier, I started only with the first bookmaker.
Why? Sadly, the day I decided I would start betting, I realized that the 2 following weekends (when the action happens), I will be away or with friends visiting, so I wouldn’t have much time to place some good bets.
Because of that, I decided to wait a little bit, I didn’t want to waste my starting cupon, and to turn over my money, I knew I needed to be committed to the work.
Some of my recommendations:
- Create an e-wallet: I personally use Netteller, since the CEO of Trademate recommended me to use it.
Why? You will notice that in some bookmakers, it’s really hard to deposit money using a physical credit or debit card. E-wallets make this part easier and they are normally cheap to use.
- Start with a few bookmakers: I planned to start with 5 bookmakers, but as I just mentioned, I won’t have much time during weekends to trade, therefore I focused on getting the coupon on one bookmaker instead of starting with a few and not being able to cash them and miss the getting them.
Do I recommend this? NO. Just start when you know you will have more time, otherwise, it can be frustrating staring at the software, waiting for a +EV trade to appear.
- Plan ahead: If you know you will start to bet, and if you are a newbie just like me, you will have the chance to use many coupons, when you are using coupons, you surely want to have some time to bet because you will need to turn over your money at least 5 times in 30 days to be able to cash out your coupon.
Check that you don’t have very busy weekends, especially from 11h to 16h (Central European Time), or that you can at least have your laptop close to you every 20 minutes.
- Round up or down your bets: The software is going to recommend you relatively precise amounts (e.g. EUR 2,6). If you start winning, these bets look like very “educated” bets (which they are), but we need to fly under the radar if we don’t want to get limited way to fast.
Since I started with a relatively small bankroll, I got a lot of bets under 5 euros, which I just ignored (I’m not sure if that was the smartest idea). Nonetheless, try to place bets of in chunks of 5. Let’s call it the “rule of 5” (EUR 5, 10, 15, 20…).
- Bets with a higher stake are “better bets”: if you get two options and you need to pick one of them, the one with the higher stake will be considered a better bet, this is because they normally have very decent odds (more likely to win) and higher edge (according to our calculations, the odds should be much lower).
This is easy: the algorithm takes many things into consideration, if you see a small stake, the algorithm probably considers this bet as riskier or less likely that you will win.
- If you have any problems, just reach out: Accidentally, I had another bet that became -EV while I was about to place the bet (the odds lowered), and when I placed another bet, the previous one stayed in my basket and the bet became a combo.
I panicked! I thought I already lost my money.
Luckily, this bookmaker has a very responsive customer care team, I told them my problem, and they fixed it immediately.
If you ever have a problem like this, just give it a try and reach out to customer care, the worst thing you will get is a No as an answer.
- Activate your notifications: It can be annoying sometimes to go to the website and refresh every 10-20 minutes. The best option is to click on the bell icon, so everytime a new trade comes in, a little bell will ring, which means that there are new trades coming in.
You can also activate pop-up notifications, and while you’re working in the office, you will see when there’s a trade.
- Set a goal of minimun amount of bets per day: Go to the bonus section of each bookmaker and check how much you need to wager to be able to cash out that money, divide it among the days you have left, and start turning over that money!
Remember that some days will be harder to do so, but we always have weekends to make it up for that.
I hope you enjoyed this first post and stay tuned! We will be updating my progress, next time I promise screenshots. If you have any questions, please comment.